BSL3 labs are used to perform research on pathogenic microorganisms that present a health risk for personnel working in the lab and the public at large, but for which there are known treatments and prophylactic measures (e.g., Bacillus anthracis, Yersinia pestis, BK virus antibiograms and suspensions, HIV cultures and suspensions, Brucella, Salmonella typhi*, Shigella dysenteriae, and Histoplasma).
Our mobile BSL3 labs meet the same safety and confinement criteria as their permanent counterparts. They are designed to protect people inside and in the immediate vicinity of the lab from exposure to dangerous pathogens. For example, a BSL3 lab must be kept under negative air pressure to keep any pathogens from escaping, and exhaust must be HEPA-filtered in an airtight safety enclosure.
Some of the key features of our mobile BSL3 labs are:
- Sealed penetration areas with controlled access and graduated air pressure;
- An ergonomic workspace and robust construction to maximize operator safety and performance;
- Basic safety equipment like safety showers, double-door autoclaves, and microbiological safety cabinets.
We can also provide you with crucial lab equipment like freezers, refrigerators, centrifuges, incubators, and microscopes.
With IMeBIO labs, you get:
- Guaranteed compliance with the most stringent regulations
- A turnkey solution for plug-and-play deployment
- Labs that can be transported easily, including by air
- Easier decontamination
- Lower operating costs
- A faster ROI thanks to operating cost savings
- A self-powered unit
- Easier tracking of lab operations
- Quicker training for lab personnel (standard structure)
BSL2/BSL3 lab comparator
Get an at-a-glance view of the differences between our BSL2 and BSL3 labs
View our comparator